[78-L] Harry McClintock on national commercial

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 13 09:06:22 PDT 2010

On 8/13/2010 11:23 AM, David Lennick wrote:
> > From: soundthink at live.com>
> >> Somebody has some creativity on Madison Avenue.  Cary Ginell
> >
> >Or saw "O Brother, Where Art Thou". dl
> >
> Good point. I bet they licensed the recording from the filmmakers
> instead of licensing it from where the filmmakers did!! Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com

Quite a few times, ad agencies and filmmakers have found usable tracks on CDs I've done, usually for Intersound. They always referred the client to me and I'd advise them to cover themselves by approaching the original owner, but I'd also cheerfully provide the audio and take the money. That got me a credit on "Cider House Rules" where I supplied Gus Arnheim's "All I Want Is Just One (Girl)" and Vaughn de Leath's "Ukulele Lady".