[78-L] Harry McClintock on national commercial

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Aug 13 07:58:55 PDT 2010

Just got stopped in my tracks when I heard the voice of Harry McClintock ("Haywire Mac") coming from the TV while I was reading the paper. McClintock's "The Big Rock Candy Mountain" (Victor 21704) was playing on a commercial for L.L. Bean backpacks. It was a wonderful commercial - my wife was wondering why I was beaming from ear to ear while watching a dumb commercial. All is not lost. Somebody has some creativity on Madison Avenue.

Cary Ginell