[78-L] Nauction 48

Kurt Nauck nauck at 78rpm.com
Fri Aug 13 00:23:20 PDT 2010

I'm sure this auction announcement is coming as a surprise to most of
you, but due to my fall travel schedule, it was necessary for us to
move the closing date up by one month. So instead of mailing catalogs
in September for a November close, Nauction 48 will be mailed in 2
weeks and will close on Saturday, October 9th.

This auction list is so overloaded with great stuff, I can't even
begin to describe it. 10,000 lots in all, covering every genre
imaginable with a number of rarities you've never seen before - and
will never see again.

So if you are a regular bidder, look for your catalog to arrive in
early September. If you were dropped due to inactivity, either
download the pdf file from our website or forward $15 to receive a
hard copy ($25 for foreign addresses). By the way, the catalog is now
posted, and you are free to begin submitting bids via the online
bidsheet or by email.

Important Announcement!

The response to the last Unsold List (which is published after the
close of each auction) was so frenzied, it presented a number of
logistical difficulties for our packing crew. So I was wondering how
we could go about selling these records as part of the normal auction
cycle, and here's what I've come up with.

In order to encourage bidders to place minimum bids on records that
they would otherwise want to purchase as leftovers, we will conduct a
drawing from the names of those persons who submit 40 or more
individual bids in the auction. (It is not necessary that the bidder
have 40 winning bids, nor is the dollar amount of the bids important.
In fact, all 40 bids can be $3 bids on $3 minimum bid records.) The
winner of the drawing will receive an auction credit up to $500
towards his VRA 48 winnings. There probably won't be a huge number of
persons submitting this many bids, so that means your chances are
better than winning the New York Powerball Lottery!

Perhaps this way, a fair number of potential Unsolds will be scooped
up as part of the auction, leaving us with fewer records to deal with
when the Unsold List is finally posted. And if our objective is met,
then the Mega-Bidder Drawing will become a permanent part of the
Nauction experience!

OK, that should do it. Write if you get work, and hang by your thumbs.

Kurt Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389