[78-L] Victor test pressings

Scott scott at mosaicrecords.com
Wed Aug 11 12:34:37 PDT 2010

Picked up recently a white Victor label test of Bluebird B-10632-A, The
Golden Memory Boys with Happy Birthday and Auld Lang Syne (separated by a
run-on groove). My question concerns the flip side which is blank but has a
label with markings. Now I've seen these before but never really pondered
what they mean. Can someone help? The markings are

	1	2	3	Date
OMD		E.G.		4-11-46
A&R
CQC		X		4-11-46

NL  RL  LP  C  R  XP

Below this there are 10 blank boxes where one should mark the date of when
this test was played. Other markings are in blue ink where the "C" was
checked and the notation "thump beg" (which I assume is that there's a thump
in the beginning of the disc). The Notation E.G. must be someones signature.

Thanks
Scott Wenzel