[78-L] Cameo 0198-B "Jungle Blues"

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Tue Aug 10 22:52:56 PDT 2010

Hi Steven,

If both takes were released on Cameo 0198, that explains the label
not identifying one take or the other.

This particular record does appear to show the matrix number,
however.   You provided the hint that prompted me to find it.  If you
copy the image to Paint, Photoshop, or another image program, then
brighten it, you'll see the matrix number in the runout, partly
covered by the label, between the 6 o'clock and 5 o'clock
positions.  It's 19322-1.

The image is near the top
of
http://ellingtonweb.ca/Hostedpages/DoojiCollection/DoojiCollection-1930-1932.htm