[78-L] Two interesting Victor/ RCA Victor records I just got

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 13:00:10 PDT 2010

Went Whistin' Willie's today and picked up some interesting things.
Two of the more interesting items, well at least  to me, are RCA
related. One is the first time ever seen a 78 in the RCA Victor Gold
Standard Series. Well, I'm assuming that the record matches the
sleeve at least. Its RCA Victor catalog 420-0149 -- Riffin' at the
Ritz (mx.F2PB-4263) b/w Sugar Foot Stomp (mx.F2PB-4264) by Benny
Goodman. The label is black with a full colour Nipper and doesn't say
Gold Standard, but the record was in a yellow RCA Victor Gold
Standard sleeve. I'm curious about this series because it seems to be
an extension to the Collectors Issue series with a different prefix
(420 vs 42). So -- when is this from. BTW -- it looks unplayed!

The next up is a Victor pressing, no catalog but masters 64230 and
64231 of The Yeast Foamers March b/w In the Gloaming by The Yeast
Foamers Orchestra. Its a white label with all gold print. I
understand that the Yeast Foamers Orchestra were similar to the other
company name orchestras of the time. Was this disk a promotional item
of some sort. There's no indication on the label.

Thanks