[78-L] Large library music record collection to be sold...

Graham Newton gn at audio-restoration.com
Mon Aug 9 19:19:41 PDT 2010

Hello all...

I have for sale, a large collection of over 100 commercial music libraries
intended for use in Radio TV and Film production.  I believe virtually all of
the music is instrumental.

There are over 6,500 12" LP records that are currently in  58 double wall
corrugated boxes weighing about 51 lbs each, measuring 13" x 13" x 16" located
in a warehouse in mid-Toronto, Canada.  I have a list of the names of the
libraries (most of which are well known, such as Boosey and Hawkes, DeWolfe,
KPM, Sonoton, Studio-G and so-on).  Please contact me by email if you are
seriously interested and would like to see the list.

These come from a large library music distributor to radio/TV broadcasting and
film companies and as such virtually all the discs are in pristine condition.
Most discs are singles but there are some duplicates and a very few triplicates.

My intention is to sell the entire lot on a you-pick-it-up or arrange shipping
basis, and there will be no cherry picking or other side deals.  Other than
physical possession, no usage rights are offered or transferred with the sale.
  Most of the companies or their successors are still in existence and
licensing can be arranged for commercial use if needed.

Some of the libraries originally had 78 rpm issues of their music, many of
which have been transferred to LP's in this collection.

Again, please note: I am offering physical possession ONLY.

Any Radio/TV/stage or film producer will understand that the music is "pay for
play" and if they want to use it in a production they will seek out the library
publishers and obtain a license for the specific cue they want to use, and the
production or specific use they have in mind.  Most publishers are eager to
license even the really oddball applications of their music and the more it is
distributed and people hear it, the more likely they and the composers will
earn income from it.

A private collector wanting to possess the music contained in the library for
his own private listening purposes can buy it and then listen to his hearts
content, BUT he/she may NOT use it for any commercial or public purpose without
first obtaining permission from the library publisher.

There presently is a list of a few people who have already indicated a serious
interest in this collection.

If you are interested in this, please contact me privately and off list if you
have any questions about it.

... Graham Newton
email:  gn at audio-restoration.com

--
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.