[78-L] Interesting Col(C) record...?!

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Mon Aug 9 04:44:27 PDT 2010

At 10:10 PM 8/7/2010, you wrote:
>Mr. Lennick dropped off about 100-150 78's earlier to-day; one (and
>he knew SFA thereof?!) needs more info! It is a blue on white version
>of Col A1724...no mention on the label of what it IS!
>
>Victor issued a fair number of white-label "ordered repressings"...is
>this possibly a Columbia equivalent thereunto...?!
>
>Steven C. Barr

Could be. From what I remember reading here on 78-L Victor would
press any sides that a customer ordered, even those that were not
issued. Maybe Columbia did the same thing for people? I wonder what
those custom pressings cost & how were they ordered? Directly to the
record company or through a dealer?