[78-L] Request for label info

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 20:10:28 PDT 2010

Hi David,

The Dinah Washington song is Rich Man's Blues.  Here is the info for the matrix number from Lord's Jazz Discography:

S1175-1    Rich man's blues                         Apollo 374, ABC (G)27596XAT, Swingtime ST1005, Grand Award 33-318,
                                                                          Golden-Guinea (E)GGL0366, Swingtime ST1005, Best of Jazz (F)22 [CD]

So it looks to be an Apollo matrix number.

The song lyrics are at:

 http://www.bing.com/music/lyrics/detail?q=Dinah+Washington+Rich+Man%27s+Blues&songID=CBF19000-0100-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933&lyricsID=T+++494229&albumID=A1F19000-0100-11DB-89CA-0019B92A3933&FORM=R5FD9

It's a god-awful long url but if it all highlights for you it should work.

Best regards,

Roger Wade
Really Old Records