[78-L] Standard Radio Transcription 1028/1029

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Wed Aug 4 21:47:05 PDT 2010

I've found a Standard Radio Transcription #1028/1029 with 'Jamie Come Try Me' by Carol Gilbert and her Swing Shifters plus 'Cocktails For Two' by Spike Jones.

I don't seem to be able to find anything about Carol Gilbert and/or her Swing Shifters on the internet.  And the song she sings is not too much like the Robert Burns poem of 1789 with the same name.

If anyone can shed some light on this mystery person, group, and song, I would be very grateful.  Or point me towards a good resource to find out about them.

Also, I was told that this and other records in this collection are from someone named Jack Frost, supposedly connected with either Victor records or Standard Transcriptions.  Does that ring a bell?

View this record and listen to the songs at:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/SRTJF/

Thanks!  CDB