[78-L] Largest 78rpm "set" of records ?

samhopper at mail.com samhopper at mail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:44:47 PDT 2010

Does anyone know what the largest issued 78rpm "set/series/compilation" of records was?
Examples?

During research you a discography I'm writing, I came across a 78rpm set which contained 34 - 78rpm records (68 sides).

(Die) MEISTERSINGER VON NURNBERG
COMPLETE RECORDINGS
Bayreuth Fest. Cho. & Orch.- Herbert v. Karajan
(68 sides) Columbia English Nos. - LX 1465 - LX 1498

Another example - I know that the HMV Schnabel Society series from the early 1930's "contained" approx. 84 records in 12 or so volumes.

sam