[78-L] Portable recordings facilities

Hans en Corrie koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Aug 4 00:22:17 PDT 2010

Thanks Michael - this is clear !!

In a correspondence December 1929 Durium suggests that they can organize a
recordings session at the St. Lawrence University ..... the boys from the
vocal quartet agreed to return to school.

" Vilas points that the members of the quartet have agreed to return during
their holidays to school ( Three members live in New York or vicinity and
one is from Syracuse) so it would be great if Mr. Owen D. Young could find
"a few minutes of his time" during the Christmas recess to record his
speech; Professor Cram said: "I can arrange for the boys to be here".

Read my blog for details:

http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com/2010/01/alma-mater-preparations.html (copy
and paste)

http://hitoftheweek.blogspot.com/2010/01/alma-mater-record.html (copy and
paste)

It suggests that Durium can make record wherever it wants - but of course
the vocal quartet could also move to the Durium studio at the McGraw-Hill
building.

Hans