[78-L] AUDIO TECHNICA ISOLATORS was: Turntable vibration isolation

JD jackson1932 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 3 09:57:28 PDT 2010

> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:40:47 -0400
> From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Turntable vibration isolation
> To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> I use four free standing "audio-technics" adjustable (corner) isolators.
> They feature floating/adjustable center inserts which are rotated by hand
> in
> the round (2 3/4" diam.) metal bases to increase or decrease height.
> The metal base has a bottom consisting of  thin rubber uhhh...fingers  and
> the embedded floating insert( spring suspended ) features a top of a
> cushioned
> velour like substance affording further isolation. Just close your eyes
> and
> try to envision.
> Think of a metal two tiered wedding cake.
> Can you see it?
> I hope that these things are still available.
>
> Al Simmons

I still have my set of Audio Technica isolators which I retired to my audio
storage drawer years ago as I no longer needed them. By now they are
probably collector's items as  I'm pretty sure they're long out of print.
As I recall they did a fine job on acoustic feedback (their intended
function) but were useless with floor induced vibrations. Similar items are
currently available from the high end audio gouger-gonnifs but as I
mentioned earlier are grotesquely overpriced...into three figures.  CAVEAT
EMPTOR!!
JD