[78-L] "Louie Bluie" on DVD

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 05:50:27 PDT 2010

The  Criterion Collection just released Terry Zwigoff's first film "Louie Bluie" on DVD with bonus and a full length commentary by Terry.

I wanted to highly recommend this. I watched it this weekend. The film has been restored and looks and sounds great! Some even better musical numbers are in the 40 minutes of "unused footage" - which has not been restored.

Also images of Howard Armstrong's artwork.

The film is not rated - I don't think - but Armstrong some pretty "raw" language in telling his jokes. (not that anyone here is underage.. just don't play this when your young kids are in the room).

Five stars in my opinion and so glad it's finally out. I had the joy of meeting Howard in early 70s when he toured with Ted Bogan and Carl Martin. Their new Lp (on Rounder I think?) was pressed but the jackets weren't finished. So Howard was selling them in plain white sleeves and doing original art on each one! I've got mine!

Steve Ramm