[78-L] Turntable vibration isolation

goldenbough at arcor.de goldenbough at arcor.de
Tue Aug 3 00:50:18 PDT 2010

I have a foam mat underneath my turntable, and it has been working fine for several years.
It's that kind of plastic foam that has 'nipples' on one side. I wonder what exactly they
are for. Do they use it in recording studios to put them on the walls?

I tried several things to reduce turntable vibrations and even jumping of the needle when
somebody walks in my record room.  Nothing really worked, including expensive accessories.
I also tried 'flat on two sides' plastic foam, but it is too hard and transmits the vibrations. I even
tried using 4 smaller pieces of this 'both sides flat' floam to increase the flexibility, but it never
worked, whatever size I reduced the 4 pieces at the 4 corners of the turntable to.

I have no idea where exactly you can get such a 'nippled' foam. I got it in a parcel with records,
where it was used to protect the discs.

Now you can dance in my record room. Highly recommended.

Benno

--
E-Cards: Schon fertig für die ganz Eiligen oder individuell zum Selbstgestalten - für jeden Anlass gibt´s die richtige E-Card auf arcor.de.
http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.ecard