[78-L] Turntable vibration isolation

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Mon Aug 2 22:05:02 PDT 2010

I remember something about mercury isolation dampers fit as "feet" for a
platform the table would rest in or on. That way the room can dance a
jig, figuratively speaking, and the table will remain rock steady. Not
sure about audio frequency transmission, though - if you thump the shelf
that the platform is standing on will the sound be picked up by the
cartridge? Maybe yes, maybe no.
Mal

*******