[78-L] Turntable vibration isolation

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Aug 2 19:16:52 PDT 2010

  >> I'm looking for recommendations for isolation feet or mats for
turntables. Unfortunately the floorboards in the room where my turntable
is setup are very noisy, and if I'm not careful simply walking by can
transmit vibrations to the stylus. Sammy Jones

We had an Audiophool join over at the ARSC-List last week, and I bet he
could recommend some turntable isolation feet that would run a couple of
hundred bucks.

> My LP turntable is on a shelf resting on buttresses affixed to the wall
> with dexion struts.
>
>        Julian Vein

If we did that in my daughter's 4th floor Brooklyn apartment the
turntable would be dancing a jig every ten minutes when the subway
rumbled by under her building.  It's amazing how the frame of her
building transmits the vibration.

Mike (it's the R train) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com