[78-L] 2 record sets

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 2 09:34:14 PDT 2010

The November-December 1939 supplement lists albums in the M-600 region. The highest number I've been able to find in the 1938 catalogue is M-417, Beethoven's Symphony #6, Toscanini/BBC Symphony. Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue (Boston Pops) is M-358 in the 1938 catalogue but is only two singles (11822/3) in 1936, so this will give an indication of the period where they began numbering two-disc sets. M-69 is definitely an exception. I wonder how many others there were?

dl