[78-L] P.H Buchinski Phonograph

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Aug 1 21:30:07 PDT 2010

From: "Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr." <citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net>
> Just how close is it to being complete? How is the cabinet?
> Perhaps you will find that the motor uses parts from another more
> popular maker.
> (from he who never throws anything away)

First...in the 1915-2? "heyday" of the phonograph industry...one could
buy motors/horns/usw. from various suppliers...and assemble all of
that into "phonographs" (I suspect the cabinets were also sold...?!).
All the "manufacturer" needed would be the decals bearing his/
her/its name, to be applied to the inside of the machine's lid...!

Second, I likewise "never throw anything away!" It is us "pack
rats" who a responsible for the existence of not only museums,
but also "antique stores!"

IMO, items go through a "new enough to proudly use" stage for
their first few years...and then drop into a "old and thus useless"
stage for a decade or more...?! Their next stages are "old enough
to be interesting," followed by "valuable antique"...?!

Steven C. Barr