[78-L] 2 record sets

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat Jul 31 13:50:56 PDT 2010

dl wrote

An odd thing about Victor..they couldn't get around the idea of a classical work
that required only two discs being in an album. I don't know if there were
exceptions, but every one I've seen through the 20s and 30s has been a pair of
single discs..

I know you know this stuff, and I'm in Ottawa at the moment so can't check, but
I was sure I have the BSO "Bolero" in an album set, also Ormandy's "Les
Preludes" which I'm sure is from the 30s.  I also know I have album sets from
the 20s, like the Menges "Kreutzer Sonata", with no album number indicated.
I'll take a look at the shelves when I get home.

db