[78-L] Pack em up and move em out

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. bratcher at pdq.net
Fri Jul 30 08:39:34 PDT 2010

At 10:12 PM 7/29/2010, you wrote:

>I now own around THIRTY tons of 78's; UCSB wants me to leave
>them my collection (I assume they can arrange the requisite
>18-wheeler[s?] for that move...?!)
>
>Steven C. Barr
>_

And you know where every record is right? I sorta do & thankfully
everything in my vast accumulation (about 30 thousand 78's, 45's,
LP's plus a small number of 16 rpm discs & a few hundred 16"
transcription discs) is categorized by type of music . alphabetical
by artist & classical is alphabetical by composer. Of course the
different speeds are separated meaning I don't intermix speeds. 78's
are in one place, 45's in another, ect.  Which means I can find what
I'm wishing to play without too much searching. But unlike you no
archive (university or whatever) is asking for the collection after
my death. In fact nobody wants it that I'm aware of.....