[78-L] Cameo 0198-B "Jungle Blues"

David Palmquist davidpalmquist at dccnet.com
Sun Jul 25 21:57:40 PDT 2010

I have a picture of a Cameo label, number 0198-B, with Ellington's
"Jungle Blues" by the Ten Black Berries.    The matrix shows as 19322
on the label.  The recording was made Jan. 29, 1930, in a Plaza
session in New York according to New Desor and Jan. 20, 1930
according to Timner's 4th edition.

According to New Desor, Timner, Jepsen, etc., there were two takes,
9322-1 and 9322-2.

I am interested in identifying which take this Cameo is, so I can
index it properly in
http://ellingtonweb.ca/Hostedpages/DoojiCollection/DoojiCollection.htm

New Desor, Jepsen, Wax Works, Timner, http://DEPanorama.net  and
http://Ellingtonia.com   don't clear the mystery up for me.

Can anyone clearly identify the take for me, please?

Thanks in advance
David in Delta

Check out http://ellingtonweb.ca

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply be kind to others.