[78-L] London (pay attention, Steve!)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Jul 25 18:33:25 PDT 2010

Cary Ginell wrote:
> Jeez, Steve, don't you ever read anyone else's posts on a subject? It would save you a lot of time and superfluous question marks followed by exclamation points if you did. Biel just chided you for not paying attention to my post
Steve reads things in the order they come in, even if they are from the
day before.  You can occasionally see him working his way down the
thread, answering each posting one at a time.  He answered two postings
on this so far, and maybe will do one or two more before he hits mine,
and then yours, and then this answer.  Most of the rest of us know that
if you have come in late in a discussion that you need to look at all of
the postings before replying to an earlier one.  I usually read lists
backwards from the most recent posting to avoid re-answering something,
but sometimes two of us are working on the same answer at the same
time!  That is different from what happened here. But often if I have
taken a long time to do an answer I do a get-mail before sending it out
in case someone beat me to it.  I just did it and saw TWO MORE postings
from him answering things that have already been answered.  It should be
soon when he hits ours!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com