[78-L] Near You by Francis Craig

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Jul 23 10:29:10 PDT 2010

To answer the original question about how a record from a small American
label ends up on British Brunswick and did it happen often, while the
answer might be that it is the later American Decca recording (Taylor
didn't supply us with matrix numbers or the record number--why don't
people include discographic info automatically?)  American masters
appeared on British labels all the time, even Grey Gull.  If it is the
Bullet masters on the Brunswick, remember that this was a BIG HIT!!!!!
In Australia I found a pressing on an Australian label of the Damon
record "The All Recorded to Beat the Ban"/"My Happiness" by Jon and
Sondra Steele.  (The latter was the song Elvis recorded on a lacquer at
Sun Studios supposedly as a gift to his mother.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com