[78-L] General Call to our Colleagues in France

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:40:32 PDT 2010

I'll be living in Aix-en-Provence for the next two years.

I arrived here last May 9th for the first time, and the very first day I
went to the beach at Carro,
near Martigues (Marseille area), I found a flea market where I bought some
78s at a very nice
price, from a very kind lady. The  lot included Les Gardes de la Marine on a
french HMV by the
Comedian Harmonists !
On the flea market in Aix, some sections are devoted to old books and LPs. I
bought a
tremendous EP by Django Reinhardt. I asked the man in charge if he used to
have 78s (in my
very poor french) and he said something that sounded like ---not today, but
if you come next week
I can bring some 78s---.
Also last Sunday I went to Avignon, where I found a huge records & books
fair, to be held during July.
I've seen also many brocantes or antique shops in little towns around Aix.
>From our french colleagues, I'd like to have some guidance about what kind
of shops are likely to
have 78s in Provence, and where can I find more. Shops in Aix, Avignon,
Marseille, etc. would be
fine, as I live in Aix, and those others are near. Specially Marseille,
which is a big city, and I'm sure
they have lots of 78s in there !!!

Thanks in advance,

Inigo Cubillo