[78-L] La-Patrie Label

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Wed Jul 21 04:46:56 PDT 2010

I just found a record on a label that I hadn't encountered.  It's a
Lawrence, Mass., label called La-Patrie.   The record is Jos. Vermette, O.
Laurin, et R. Deschambault,  performing Reel Canadien / Reel Ecossais.  I
have the same sides on Columbia 34017-F (817-1, 818-1), and I'm pretty sure
this is from a Compo-Starr master.  Am I correct?

Anything known about this label? Did they mostly recycle Starr material?

I'll actually be in the Lowell-Lawrence area over the weekend attending and
doing some announcing at the Lowell Folk Festival. Any record/junk stores
recommended in the Boston area?

Gregg