[78-L] One question about France and 78s

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 04:54:41 PDT 2010

To our french colleagues:

I'll be living in Aix-en-Provence for the next two years. I arrived here
last May 9th for the first time, and the very first day* *I went to the
beach at Carro, near Martigues (Marseille area), I found a flea market where
I bought some 78s at a very nice price, from a very kind lady. The  lot
included *Les Gardes de la Marine *on a french HMV by the *Comedian
Harmonists* !

;)

On the flea market in Aix, some sections are devoted to old books and LPs. I
bought a tremendous EP by *Django Reinhardt*. I asked the man in charge if
he used to have 78s (in my very poor french) and he said something that
sounded like *not today, but if you come next week I can bring some 78s.*
**
Also last Sunday I went to Avignon, where I found a huge records & books
fair, to be held during July.

I've seen also many *brocantes* or antique shops in little towns around Aix.

>From our french colleagues, I'd like to have some guidance about *what kind
of shops are likely to have 78s in Provence*, and where can I find more.
Shops in Aix, Avignon, Marseille, etc. would be fine, as I live in Aix, and
those others are near. Specially Marseille, which is a big city, and I'm
sure they have lots of 78s in there !!!

Thanks in advance,

Inigo Cubillo