[78-L] RVCA instead of RCA Victor?

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 06:46:34 PDT 2010

Looks like a cool record, Oakland pressing and all too.  I don't know where
all would be (as in, both Oakland and other pressings).  What you have will
turn up on records pressed in 1929 and until when label stocks were used up
some time in 1930 (if not early 1931).   I haven't seen them, but no doubt
there are pressings of earlier releases that may be found with this label,
just as later ones turn up.  Oakland 'o' pressings apparently are first seen
on late batwing discs, but the few I've seen or have are from around 1930
(22246 with the Radio-Victor label and 22597 with the 'RCA Victor Company,
Inc.' label).

I don't know if there are any 'o' pressings on the later 'RCA
Manufacturing....' label first used in 1935.