[78-L] Singing Dogs

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Jul 18 11:32:35 PDT 2010

Thanks to all for the Singing Dogs info...I'm guessing that between the two
records mentioned that I actually own all their American-issued recorded
efforts?

I mixed up Capitol with RCA Victor because...aren't there some sort of
animal "vocal" records on Capitol in the 50s?  I seem to recall "Gene"
somebody and his singing critters.  Or have I dreamed it all?

What might be the earliest musical record which uses real animal noises on
it?  I don't mean Livery Stable Blues or Chicken Reel or Gennett Sound
Effects of sheep (that one is quite hilarious to me) but where there is an
actual animal on the record in a  musical setting.

Taylor