[78-L] Dick Robertson's "Henry's Made A Lady Out Of Lizzie"?And OTHER fun tunes?

Bob Rice bobrice at snet.net
Wed Jul 14 07:24:05 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Dick Robertson's "Henry's Made A Lady Out Of Lizzie"?

> Not at all. The replacement  of the old "Tin Lizzie" (Model T ) ,that
> changed the ethos of the population, by the new Ford "Model A" was huge
> news.
>
> Al S.

    Like "Lucky Lindy", Lindberg, the Eagle of the USA" The Shenandoah",
wreck thereof,"American Girl" Timely topics in aviation?:Come, Josephine, in
my Flying Machine" 1911, they had it right in the Titanic movie, time wise!
I collecting 78's it's fun to see US~`ian popular culture being played." I'm
just Wild about Horns on Automobiles that go Ta Ta TAH Ta" ..Irving
Kaufman?? I would like one like that today, to go with my OOGA horn! Right
up to the "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzjerald" Topical stuff they just don't
seem to sing about noweadaze? "Chinese Ministry of Railways" just doesn't
have the lyrical quality of "On the New York, New Haven and Hartford" of
yore.? Swallowed uo into Metro North and Amtrak. 40 years of Amtrak and NO
ballads, YET?

   Sea Ya?

   Bob.......did BP plug the Gulf Leak,er Spill? SPI:LL???. like calling the
Lusitania a miner boating mishap!