[78-L] No -- this is the world's rarest record

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jul 13 20:33:13 PDT 2010

From: "Dennis Flannigan" <dennis.flannigan at gmail.com>
> Where can I get the world's rarest steak, or stake, or get a stake in the
> rarest steak house? Is there a rare record of a steak sizzlin' in the pan?
> What label? Which is better, take 1, or take 2? Angus or? Thank you.

This being 78-L and not ARSCLIST, I can post a NON-serious reply
without being flamed/criticized...?!

Since the bovine will have to be killed before being eaten (unless
you have REALLY good teeth)...the "world's rarest steak" would
have to be removed from the carcass immediately upon the
demise thereof...and eaten while still warm from "body heat"...!

The world's rarest stake, OTOH, is a completely different thing.
There are a number of definitions for the word "stake" and
which one you wish to use would have to be clearly established
before the question could be answered...?! If you use the common
definition of "a long narrow piece of wood driven into the earth,"
the answer then depends on how many such objects have been
placed in your defined vicinity. For most of us, such "stakes" are
uncommon (unless you are constructing something on your
premises...?!). At any rate, these "stakes" are usually temporary,
and discarded after their use. OTOH, if one happens to own one
of the stakes presumably driven to establish the path of the
transcontinental railway (and can successfully establish its
provenance?!) one MIGHT be able to sell it to a collector for
a substantial sum?!

As far as a "stake in a steak house"...ask the proprietors involved?!
If they are experiencing financial difficulty, they would possibly
sell you a share (or shares, if incorporated...!) of their operation.
At best, you might get rich; at worst you might get your steaks
at a discount?!

Finally, Angus cattle are supposed to produce the tastiest beef!
The important thing is to make sure the animal you intend to
use for dinner did NOT get too much exercise...that makes
them tougher!

Back home in Illinois (when I still lived there) there were
butchers who would sell you meat in quantity that came
from your choice of farmer...?!

Steven C. Barr