[78-L] No -- this is the world's rarest record ....

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Jul 12 18:52:28 PDT 2010

From: "jack palmer" <jackpalmer1 at att.net>
> During my year's of research for my book on Dalhart, I discovered at least
> 5 records which were not known to exist before I found them.  I never
> considered them as that rare, since there could still be other copies
> floating around the world.  Does he really have a rare record?    Jack

Well...until we (1) create the final all-inclusive listing of ALL the 78's
currently
held by collectors...and (2) enter all the relevant data...we have NO way of
establishing which single 78 is actually the "rarest"...?!

I however lean to my copy of a special Radiex record announcing the
fact that Radiex records are now electrically recorded...?! I have NEVER
seen the record listed or discussed in any 78-related publications or
digital accumulations...?!

Steven C. Barr