[78-L] Reversing audio (was: 78-L Digest, Vol 22, Issue 17, was Why I Hate LPs)

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Mon Jul 12 06:57:12 PDT 2010

I assume Mike is referring to Mark Hood's talk?
I missed it (will watch when it is finally posted on the ARSC web site),
but I spoke to Mark about his talk (and his examination of waveforms
produced by playing analog tapes in reverse) but he didn't mention
anything about digitally reversing audio, and I cannot imagine why
reversing the order of digital samples would have any deleterious
effects. Bits is bits, no?

Doug Pomeroy
audiofixer at verizon.net