[78-L] No -- this is the world's rarest record

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 11 14:52:41 PDT 2010

One recording of which there MIGHT be only one known copy extant is a set of 4 shellac 78s of "Amelia Al Ballo" in its broadcast premiere, recorded off the CBS net in 1937. The labels are actual photographs of the original lacquer disc labels and the set was apparently made for the head of the Curtis Institute. (And it's now on CD.)

dl