[78-L] The world's rarest record. Am I missing something - This is the same "Jew Yid" guy

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sun Jul 11 09:58:54 PDT 2010

. . . I wrote about in January:

> This seller offers "as is" Armenian 78s for $250.  He hides his bidders' names and masks their wins in his feedback.  I bought a few records from him years ago, but had a very bad experience last year -  grading, he declared he would never take the record (stripping) back.  Paypal backed me up.  He even made violent threats to me via email.

Check out his other oyVey listings by "Price: highest first" and look at the stuff he has starting in the $75 range.

Instead of looking for "some kind philanthropist", he might ask the rehab people for help with job placement, that is if there's any money left with the St. Louis and Missouri governments for people in his situation.  Alternatively, he could start listing his oyVey 78s at $5.99 and get some help from his local 78 rpm friends (yes, he actually has some who take pity on him) to start grading accurately.  I have a blind friend who is a 78 collector - his touch is so good when he checks out records that people joke that he doesn't even need a record player to hear them.

"bartrade", who is known to many of us, starts 78s out between $2 and $10 and lets the market take care of things./steve