[78-L] 78 database

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 10 08:21:33 PDT 2010

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> I didn't notice whether anyone has included the Edison archives
> databases. They should be almost complete, even including unreleased and
> alternate sessions.

I have placed the databases here. Included are:
Diamond Disk
Cylinders
Edison Bell
Odeon
Artiphone

They are in .xls format

Though tedious, it is possible to accurately import the Abrams text
files into Excel. I have started to do so. When importing a built in
utility allows one to set up the breaks between fields quite easily. But
I am wondering if someone has found a separate utility that would make
mass importations possible. In other words, can all the files be
examined by one utility, then imported into one or separate sheets, at
the same time?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.