[78-L] No -- this is the world's rarest record ....

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 10 07:58:42 PDT 2010

I was kinda thrown by these statements, too:

In describing Henry Burr....
--quote--
That recording of "Over There" is one of Billboard Top singles of
1917.16 It can be heard at the Virtual Gramophone. He is described as
the original King of Pop.
--unquote--

I also wonder what the reading between the lines is about these

--quote--
I have emailed a representative of Brian Rust at Rust Books with no
reply as of yet.
I have contacted John Tefteller of The World's Rarest Records! who
kindly responded:
     I looked at the information....unfortunately, since it is not a
Blues record I know nothing about it....but it is nice to know that a
missing record has been found, no matter what it is.
I have called a major 78 collector Ralph Deluca who was not able to assist me.
--unquote--

I have a broken copy of a Jo Stafford 78 from 49. Its the only broken
copy I've every seen. That must make it pretty rare, too.

Fascinating