[78-L] Missed takes (was: 78 database)

warren moorman wlmoorman3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 14:13:42 PDT 2010

----- Original Message ----
From: Taylor Bowie <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Thu, July 8, 2010 12:28:59 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] 78 database

One lurker's opinion: True, we all make mistakes, and my own are many. Perhaps
more telling is Steven's use of "inadvertantly in error" in his mea culpa.
Coming from some that phrase could seem merely redundant; but where there is
a habit of pedantic pronouncements, it can seem sadly characteristic. Given
Steven's laudable knowledge, but also having read his posts in a variety of
forums, this creates an interest in hearing about times when he was
intentionally in error.

Warren

> From: "Taylor Bowie" <boappropriately characterisitcwiebks at isomedia.com>
>> Say,  Steven,  I'm still waiting to hear the details about those c. 1934
>> sides Billie Holiday recorded for Decca,  to which you referred the other
>> day.
>>
>> Your reply awaited;  my breath is baited....can your veracity be
>> demonstrated?
>>
> I think I was inadvertantly in error on this one...I still haven't figured
> out exactly what I was thinking of?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

That's OK,  Steven...we all err on occasion.  I myself was actually wrong
once!

:-)