[78-L] Gene Deitch & Howdy-Doody + ME

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:13:04 PDT 2010

Gene's a good friend and we correspond regularly. Remember he is the guy who created  the cartoon Tom Terriffic for TV in the 1950s.

His sons are also well known cartoonists.

Speaking of HD (Howdy Doody), long before internet and even cassette tapes, I wrote to Bob Smith (living in FL) and asked if he has any recordings of the audio of the TV show. He wrote me that he had only a few and was coming to near Philly soon to do a nostalgia show (this is in late 60s - early 70s. He offereed to have his engineer make me a RTR tape of it for $25.00 if I promised not to share it. I sent him the money and he delivered it when he came to area for his show. I have it SOMEWHERE.  (My 15 minutes of fame with Buffalo Bob")

Steve