[78-L] Teddy Joyce trumpet ID?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Jul 5 12:31:34 PDT 2010

This Teddy Joyce is a great record.  In my experience,  it's been hard to
find a copy which does not have some buzzed-out highs on both sides.

I've owned a half-dozen copies over the years,  all on Velvet Tone...sort of
an odd coincidence.

Both sides are fine jazz performances.   Both Dorseys are clearly there,
but I've never gotten a line on the trumpet.  I wonder if anyone who has
heard the record has any suggestions based on the aural evidence as to who
it might be.

Thanks from

Taylor