[78-L] 78 database

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Jul 2 20:56:36 PDT 2010

From: "Rodger Holtin" <rjh334578 at yahoo.com>
> I have copy-pasted a lot of Ty's label listings found at
> http://www.78discography.com/  into Excel and added a column that I have
> marked the ones I own.  Works great for those of us nuts enough to own a
> few hundred of any label series run.  My weakness is "Orthophonic" Victors
> and he already has them all listed.  I can add more columns with extra
> info etc etc.  Other folks like MS Access, but just having it in digital
> form at all is a major, major plus.

Note, however, that Ty's listings are NOT based on phonorecords he owns...!

The closest I am to "complete" on ANY group ofr 78's would be the Victor
189** series. I haven't counted recently, but I used to own about 95% of
those...?!

Keepin mind that my hoped-for goal is EF78REM...! As near as I can
figure., my 58.000+ 78's are about 2% of the possible total...?!

Steven C. Barr