[78-L] War/peacetime souvenirs?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 17:31:49 PDT 2010

Most of us have seen copies or own copies of records made in
Occupied Japan on Nippon Columbia or Eagle. They look very much like Viva Tonal
labels.  The most common seem to be tunes
China Night b/w Hill of Pure Heart, and My Little Box, b/w Tokio Boogie Woogie.  These have been discussed here before. Lots
of occupying GI’s took them home as souvenirs.
So far, so good.

My question before the Board of Experts this afternoon:  was there any kind of German equivalent to
these, that is, a record or records made in occupied Germany which were
commonly brought back as a souvenir by occupying GI’s??  The Japanese items seem to have been actively
marketed to the GI’s, even selling them in the PX, as has been reported even
here.  Anything like that in Germany??

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.