[78-L] A blast from the past

Sean Miller smille1 at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 27 04:36:06 PDT 2010

Excellent!  I knew you'd be able to get it running!

They do sound great, don't they?

As far as the 25 cycle thing goes, I've heard of another of these motors in a Credenza on 25 cycle and it too worked fine on 60 cycle power.  I wish I had a logical explanation, but the motors run on two sets of coils that create a magnetic field to revolve the turntable.  As long as these are 110 volt motors, which I believe they are, it shouldn't be a problem, the worst that can happen is the motor could overheat and the fuse should blow, but I've never heard of this happening.

Congrats!
Sean