[78-L] HMV's R-7000 series

Ryan Barna ryansrecords1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 20:08:36 PDT 2010

First, thanks to everyone for posting their helpful comments on the HMV series I've been looking for (all four responses have been useful). I have a much better understanding of how these discs were labeled, thanks to you all.

There's one more series that I'm not certain about, and that's R-7000. Below are a few examples of U.S. recordings that were released in the series, taken from Alan Kelly's Gramophone database. Perhaps I've mistaken them for Italian releases?

R-7681 "Funny" - Jack Shilkret's Orch.

R-7689 "Honey, I'm in Love with You" - Paul Whiteman's Orch.

R-7693 "On a Night Like This" - Howard Lanin's Orch.

Thanks again,

-Ryan Barna

(USA)