[78-L] Need help identifying HMV labels

goldenbough at arcor.de goldenbough at arcor.de
Fri Jun 25 18:31:45 PDT 2010

All Spanish HMV AE series discs that I have are indeed Disco Gramófono.
But all Spanish AA series and GY series that I have are on 'LA VOZ DE SU AMO'.
Spanish collector Carlos Martin Ballester may be able to give you more precise details
about the Spanish 78 labels  (calosmb.com). (I met Carlos last week in Madrid)

However, not all French K-series records are on Disque 'Gramophone'. Later issues
(and re-issues of earlier discs) are on 'LA VOIX DE SON MAîTRE'.  When exactly the
change took place, I can't say. Must have been in the K-4000's.

The Aussig pressings of the Czech AM series were on HIS MASTER'S VOICE. Only
the record sleeves mention HLAS JEHO PÁNA.

Electrola is not 'really' HMV, but I suppose that you know the reasons why.
Earlier genuine 'HMV' discs pressed in Germany for the German market were on
'DIE STIMME SEINES HERRN'.

Turkish HMV records were ALL on 'SAHİBİNİN SESİ'. (Note the dot on the i, because
the letter ı or upper case I is for a different sound)

Portuguese HMV discs were on 'A VOZ DE SEU DONO'.
And Italian ones on LA VOCE DEL PADRONE.

Here are a few more translated HMV 'phrases' that I have only on record sleeves,
but have never seen on a label:

HUSBONDENS RÖST  (Sweden)
VOCEA STĂPĂNULUI (Romania)
SIN HERRES STEMME (Norway)
DE STEM VAN ZIJN MEESTER (Netherlands)

Were any other languages used than these?

Benno

--
WM 2010: Top News, Spielpläne, Public Viewing-Termine, E-Cards und alles,
was der Fan sonst noch braucht, gibt´s im Sport-Channel auf arcor.de.