[78-L] Fwd: Duke/Peacock catalog

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Jun 22 20:31:55 PDT 2010

From: "Bill McClung" <bmcclung78 at gmail.com>
> My fixation on Texas label 78s only keeps getting more and more fixated.
> I've got 135 different Texas labels and close to 1,300 different Texas
> label
> 78s.   Anybody that has some for sale or trade please let me know.
>
> catalogs--I only have a couple of square dance 78s catalogs.  Does anyone
> have or has anyone ever seen a catalog for Duke and/or Peacock 78s?   Or
> for
> any other Texas label?
> sleeves--I only have 5 Texas 78s sleeves (Gold Star, Melco, Whirling Disc,
> TNT, and Word).  Does anyone have any Texas sleeves or seen other Texas
> sleeves?

Most of these post-WWII "indie" labels didn't issue "catalogs" as such;
however
they did often send out lists of their new releases to radio stations. In
most cases
these are/were long since discarded...but one can sometimes find bunches of
those lists which were kept (often accidentally) by the stations. Quite a
few
years ago, I picked up a fairly large stack (about 1/4") of these documents
at an "old paper" show in Toronto. I probably still have it...but finding it
would be a horse of a different question...?!

Check your local radio stations...and/or folks who used to work for
them...?!

Steven C. Barr