[78-L] 78's from hell

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 20 07:24:50 PDT 2010

> From: agp2176 at verizon.net
> Subject: Re: [78-L] 78's from hell
>
> At 13:19 20/06/2010, DL wrote:
>
> >Why 78s from Hell? Excuse me, hEll. Great stuff there,

> >Ferrante and Teicher when they were actually worth listening to
> >before they turned into Roger Williams clones,
>
> I agree -- looks like some really interesting stuff here. I'd quite
> fancy getting my hands on the Ferrante and Teicher for two reasons -
> 1) it has to be cool in a quirky way, and b) the label! Never heard
> of the Columbia Entre label until I saw it here.

In fact I have that 78 with a promo label..I'm not sure if I've actually seen an issued copy. Entre wasn't long around as a singles label. On LP it was a budget classical label, a fact which may have caused dealers and customers to expect a lower priced 78 (or WAS it bargain priced? Unlikely in the early 50s but I could be wrong).