[78-L] 1940 Hit of the Week [was Ask and ye shall have it forwarded unto you..]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Jun 18 19:31:51 PDT 2010

From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> David Lennick wrote:
>> Can't tell from the photo, but the listing says it's like a Hit Of The
>> Week. Of course that could mean the 1940 Hit Of The Week label which was
>> laminated cardboard, like Viking.

AFAIK, the later (194?) Hit Of the Week discs were the usual shellac
records?
Also, note that the Durium operation (which survived inro the forties in
Italy...
I own a laminated-paper disc from Italian "Durium" which seems to have
been intended as a "kiddie" record, probably issued in the late thirties
or early forties...?!)...?!

We can assume when the seller says " It's like a HOW record," he/she/it
means it is like a 1929-32 (and later in the UK) record...a plastic-coated
heavy paper record...?!

Steven C. Barr