[78-L] what a whiner!

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Fri Jun 18 05:55:06 PDT 2010

Interesting.  I've bought from this person before and even traded with him.  After buying one of my Majestic vertical cuts from him a few years ago we got into a conversation as he had some more.  He was interested in one of their sleeves since he was planning to write a book with images of 78 rpm record sleeves.  Like those of use that are interested in labels this guy liked the sleeves.  He offered a Majestic record for one of their sleeves.  A great deal I say!  In my dealings with him he did seem knowledgable but somewhat of a reclusive type.  Not the type I would think to consider using an outside auction house to sell something like this.

He's always had high starting prices on his records but clearly has a diverse collection of records that are quite interesting.  I opened up a few of his other auctions and none of them gave the sob story.  Must be getting desperate though to offer this one for $150,000 with such a story.

Glenn