[78-L] Paramount on Parade theme

Vincent Fitzpatrick jvftzjvftz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:12:53 PDT 2010

It was used in the film "Paramount on Parade."  I have the audio, but have
never seen the video.  There's a long montage with people building sets,
making costumes, practicing dance steps, etc.  The music is martial,
operetta-esque, Gershwinesque, etc.

It was used as the march at the beginning and end of Paramount Newsreels for
decades.

And in view of the fact that the film ends with Paramount newsreels cameras
turning, "Sunset Boulevard" ends with it.  It's the waltz that plays during
the final credits.

I would love to have an mp3 of the recording you just found.

Vincent Fitzpatrick

--
100505-277
Repeal TerriSchiavoCare